Reporting crime and ASB

Anti-Social Behaviour is defined as any behaviour which causes “harassment, alarm or distress” to a person not in the same household.

If an immediate response is not required, please report it to Cheshire West and Chester Council using our online form.

Complaints about noise nuisance should be directed to us unless the noise is linked to domestic violence, a dangerous dog or a party where people are spilling out of premises into the public realm with the potential to cause public disorder.

If you need to report a crime or anti-social behaviour (ASB) that requires an immediate response and is something that is happening at the time you are calling, then you should contact Cheshire Police.

Contact Cheshire Police

By phone

In an emergency

If you need urgent assistance you should always dial 999. We aim to answer within 10 seconds.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can:

You should call 999 for urgent assistance if:

  • There is there a threat to life (including road traffic incidents where someone is injured, or the road is blocked).
  • They feel like the situation could get heated or violent very soon.
  • There a risk of serious damage to property.
  • There is a serious offence in progress.
  • There is serious disruption to the public or there could be if the police do not intervene.

If it’s not an emergency or a general enquiry

If you don’t need urgent assistance, or have a general enquiry, you should dial 101 (our non-emergency number).

Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles – no matter how long you’re on the phone.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can contact the police using a text phone through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.

Crimestoppers is an independent charity that works with police forces throughout the UK that people can use to pass on information about a crime anonymously.

Phone: 0800 555 111 (24 hours a day and 7 days a week).

Housing providers

Registered Social Landlords also take reports of ASB directly from their tenants:

Sanctuary Housing

Weaver Vale Housing Trust


For further information you should contact your housing provider.


If you are a business and are experiencing ASB issues, please view the Business Guide to Reporting Issues document below.